Welcome to the Kitchin Group Research
Our group utilizes chemistry, catalysis and engineering to develop solutions to energy and environment related problems such as CO2 capture and chemical energy storage. We use experimental and computational methods in electrochemistry, sorbent development and electrocatalyst design.
- April 24, 2015 New publication in ACS Catalysis on composition dependent alloy electronic structure
- April 08, 2015 New publication in J. Chem. Physics on calculating oxide properties with DFT+U
- March 30, 2015 1000+ citations for fuel cell paper on the oxygen reduction reaction!
- March 03, 2015 New publication in Surface Science on alloy core level shifts
- February 09, 2015 New publication on effects of Linear Response U on OER trends
Current post (363 and counting)
In this collaborative paper we map out the electronic structure of a Cu-Pd alloy across composition space, and then correlate that electronic structure with the reactivity of the alloy. We expe ... click here for more